Dieting?? Nah! It’s not meant for me. But the thought of putting on weight always haunts me. Is that your problem too?
I, once, had this dieting thing on my mind but healthy diet. And so, one of my friends recommended to have sweet potato chat. In delhi, Sweet potato Chat or Shakarkand ki Chat is a street food.
Now, after two years, when I’m really enjoying my work space – KITCHEN, I tried making at home and it was perfecto!!
The best part is, you can have this Sweet Potato Chat when hunger pangs hit you. It’s easy-to-make and a healthy recipe. You can even have it in snacks, like I do.
Sweet potatoes are relatively healthy and is recommended in pregnancy. However, I recommend you to consult your doc before trying it out. Sweet potatoes are good for diabetic patients too. It’s a superfood for them.
I had made this sweet potato chat recipe in a very simple and easy way. You can top this with green chilies’ chutney if you want.
How to Make Easy Sweet Potato Chaat
- 3 medium-sized Sweet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp Kala Namak (Black Salt)
- 1/2 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 tsp Zeera (Cumin) powder
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Spring onions’ shallots
- Green chillies’ Chutney (optional)
- Heat a pan.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes to the pan.
- Pour olive oil on the sweet potatoes. Saute on low flame for 5 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Close the lid for 1 minute, 30 seconds.
- Open the lid, saute for another minute.
- Add black salt, chat masala and zeera powder and stir.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with or without green chillies’ chutney or garnish with spring onion shallots.
- You can store the peeled and chopped sweet potatoes or shakarkand for 3 days in refrigerator.
— Recipe Shared by Sara Khan
2 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Chat, Street-Food Style | Shakarkand ki Chat”
Hi Sara.Your blog is so great,its more than just food meeting the eyes,its magic.Well,I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Congratulations.Check out this link for follow-up information-https://abhajhablog.wordpress.com. Thanks.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hey Abha, thanks a lot. I’m glad that you liked my food blog. And thank you to nominate me for Liebster award. I’ll try to reply, not sure though.