Weekends are special. Isn’t it? You get to watch movies, shop and hop to food joints and may be plan a short tour. Last weekend was as special to me too!
The food blog nominations have been announced, and Foodeez Junction is nominated among the Debut Blogs of the Year, 2016 by the FBAI (Food Bloggers Association, India).
I did a happy dance! Yayyyy! Plus, my Facebook followers are more than 1000 now, target achieved before the end of the year! High Five! We did it! Thank you for hearing and reading, and writing to me. I would love to hear more and more from you.
Oh, I almost forget. I celebrated in my own way. After checking out on my IFBA nominations, I’d made Soybean Kabab Sandwich followed by Butterscotch Ice cream 😀 . I’m really sorry that I didn’t clicked pic but I’m sharing the recipe for it. It’s healthy and it’s tasty too. Trust me, you will like it.
How to Make Healthy Soybean Kabab Sandwich
- 3 Soybean Kababs (Find out the recipe for this Kabab Here)
- Olive oil
- 4 Slices of Multi-grain Bread
- 1 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp. Chilli Sauce
- 1 cup Cabbage, thinly-sliced
- Heat an iron griddle. Switch the stove to low flame.
- Put all four bread slices on griddle. Pour 3-4 tsp olive oil on it. Spread oil evenly.
- Once one side is crisp and brown, flip to make it crisp and brown. Add olive oil if needed.
- On 1 slice of bread spread thin layer of mayonnaise. Put and and half Soybean Kabab over it. Spread evenly.
- Put chopped cabbage, and some green chilli sauce.
- Take another slice of bread and apply a thick layer of tomato sauce. Put it over the Kabab slice.
- Repeat for the rest of the slices.
- Soybean Kabab Sandwich is ready.
- Be prepared, the Sandwiches will Vanish as soon as you serve them 😉 !!
You can grill the bread slices or make this sandwich in Sandwich Maker too. It’s up to you. I liked it crisp.
Another award to Foodeez Junction, after Liebster Award – the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thanks to my blogger friend Shandra who nominated me for this award. You can check her amazing blog, that talks all about food!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award? This is awarded to those bloggers who bring positivity and inspiration to their readers and followers.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees through comments on their blogs.
Here are my answers to the questions asked by Shandra:
Besides blogging, what do you like to do for fun?
Shop, cook, eat and read.
Do you consider writing a childhood dream?
Who would you say would be your inspiration?
My mom is always my inspiration; I’d always wanted to be like her 🙂
Once you’re blogging do you feel a sense of happy pride?
Of course, yes! Writing has always lifted up my mood. And knowing when my foodie friends are reading, I feel more connected!
What visions do you have in your blog?
I had always liked talking about food and want to make my blog, Foodeez Junction, a platform for the foodies.
Who is your target audience when you blog?
Everyone who wants to cook and really know how to enjoy the food.
Did you get help creating or putting your blog together?
I did my homework, read a lot before starting my blog. I would say those readings from my fellow bloggers helped me in putting up the blog.
Is your blog kid-friendly?
It is kid-friendly. My blog, foodeezjunction.com is all about recipes and food.
Who supports you in writing your story?
My family and friends. They help me in sharing recipes, cooking and eating at restaurants too – I recently started restaurant reviews – following which I would cook and then share with everyone here.
Who do you dedicate your blog to or in memory of?
I would dedicate this blog to all the foodies.
Do you plan on making a business out of your blog?
Yes, any kind of suggestions on how to start with, are welcome, as I’m still in the process on how to earn.
Questions for my nominees:
- What is your blog about?
- Why do you blog?
- Food to you is…?
- Besides blogging, what’s your favourite hobby?
- Do you plan on making a business out of your blog?
- What inspires you to write?
- What is your biggest achievement?
- What do you day dream about?
- What is the happiest moment in your life?
- Do you cook or order food?
- What is the best advice you would give to a newbie (blogger)?
- Granny Apples
Congratulations to my fellow bloggers who have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I have nominated 12 because you all deserve this nomination!
This is the first Liebster award nomination to Foodeez Junction. Thanks Vikram Bishla for the nominations! All smiles! I was really surprised when he nominated our food blog for the Award. This is really a nice gesture. I would like to thank him again! Vikram has written many interesting stories on Blogmaniac, which are related to spirituality, challenges and creativity. Find more on his blog. The 13-word story is something that attracted me more.
What is Liebster Award? This Award is given by bloggers to the bloggers who have less than 1000 followers.
Here are the official rules for Liebster Award:
Here are my answers to the questions asked by Vikram Bishla:
11 random things about me:
- I am an Indian.
- I love to eat Indian street food.
- I’m crazy at times.
- When I’m very much focussed at work, I sing endlessly till the work is done or someone points me out.
- If something else is going on my mind, I write the alphabets of a word in wrong order; example: wrogn.
- I love being perfect.
- I’m very lazy at times.
- I love rains.
- I want to travel each and every part of India.
- I used to write poems.
- I love baking cakes.
What is your most memorable moment?
There are many, personal and professional. But I would say the recent one (5-6 months back) and a personal, I guess. When I made chocolate cake in pressure cooker. It was delicious and yummy. And I was so overwhelmed on how it turned out to be perfect that I was carrying it and showing it off to everyone all around my home and on video calls too. Crazy! I am!
The one thing you want to change in you?
I’m not going to change anything for anything… I love the way I am 🙂
One thing that you want to change about your country?
Population. There are issues like pollution, political system, etc but I feel population is something that immediately to be looked upon, else it will be too late. I can already find the traffic chaos even in smaller cities, leave the metros.
Are you an outsider or insider?
I’m an outsider and at times insider too, that depends completely on what and for whom I am writing. I would say one should be equally proficient as an insider and an outsider in their writings. Though sometimes it is difficult. Adding one more point – one should not restrict himself/herself to be an insider as it creates a boundary and will keep the minds closed on significant topics, styles, etc.
Who is your favourite author?
Kahlil Gibran, I love reading his Broken Wings again and again.
What makes you angry?
Well I’m short-tempered but my speed of writing and cooking increase when I’m angry; so I count my anger as one of my strengths 😀 . Back to the question, while cooking dosa (to be precise), when it sticks on tawa for more than three continuous times, I get angry and leave it for my husband to make. I’m still learning the art-of-cooking-a-perfect-dosa, a popular Indian cuisine. Sounds hilarious but it’s true!
How do you define success?
When your “I CAN’T” becomes “I CAN” – it is success. When you are happy and have a relaxed smile, you are wearing success with you.
For me success is living my true purpose, and having positive impact on what I aim at. Success is something that helps me to grow. I would rather say having a balanced life is a “success” for me.
Believing in yourself is the first step to success, identifying your short term and long term goals follows the next step. Keep monetary things aside.
What is most important to you in life?
The 2 Fs – Family and my Food blog.
Which is your favourite genre of books?
My favourite genre of books is Food and Travel, followed by romance, Comics (yes, I still grab comics whenever I travel) and Self-help.
What do you regret about your life?
Still no regrets. Whatever came to me, I’d taken every bit of it positively. And here I would say again, “this is success”.
What keeps you motivated?
Getting up every day to write something new, be it a new recipe or be it my food diary, gives me a lot of motivation. In one word, it is my work that motivates me everyday and so I get many opportunities to reading, writing and learning.
My Nominees are:
- Halee Pagel
- Etheric Archives
- Ramesh Basina
- Wandering Soul
Here are the Questions for My Nominees
- What do like most while blogging?
- Who and what keeps you motivated?
- First five challenges when you started blogging
- Besides blogging, what do you do in your spare time?
- How would you describe yourself?
- Which blogger do you find more inspiring?
- What is your favourite holiday destination?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- What’s your favourite food?
- Sweet or Savoury?
- Who and what inspired you to write your blog?
You’re in charge now. Set another 11 questions and nominate 11 blogs. And, of course, answer to the questions too!
Thank you again for the nomination and Congrats dear nominees. Happy Blogging!
— Sara Khan