Diwali is nearing, and again it’s the time when you start planning ahead for Diwali recipes. This festive season, you can add Namak Pare to the snacks list. Namak pare are easy to make and I’m sure, when you make the snacks with this namak pare recipe, you are definitely going to pat yourself! It’s easy-to-make and simple recipe.
All you need to do is gather the following ingredients on your kitchen table before proceeding. In fact, you should always gather every ingredient on the kitchen table to avoid hassles while cooking food. All you need for this quick snacks recipe is maida or all-purpose flour, kalonji or caraway seeds, ghee and salt to taste. You can use refined oil instead of ghee while making dough for namak pare.
Let’s make this easy snacks recipe at home today.
How to Make Namak Pare
A step by step guide to making simple and namak pare for snacks at home
- 1 1/2 cups Maida
- 2 tsp Ghee/Refined oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Kalonji
- Water as required
- Refined oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, 2 tsp ghee, salt to taste and kalonji seeds.
- Mix them well.
- Knead the mixture into a tight dough by adding water in very small portions.
- Now divide the dough into three equal balls.
- Take one portion or dough ball and roll it with a rolling pin, just like you make rotis. But this one will be thick.
- Once you make it in roti form, take a knife and cut vertically, 1/2-inch in width.
- And now cut horizontally. The length is up to you this time. You can make namak pare small or bigger ones.
- Once you have cut them, with the help of a knife and using hands lightly transfer them on a plate.
- Repeat the process for the remaining portions.
- Keep aside.
- In a kadhai or deep frying pan, pour refined oil and heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add a handful of raw namak pare to it and deep fry on high flame.
- Fry all the namak pare in batches, do not overcrowd them.
- Transfer it on a thick paper so that it absorbs the excess oil.
- Have these namak pare with green chutney or sauce or as it is. You can store the rest in an air-tight container.
–Recipe and Images shared by Sara Khan
2 thoughts on “How to Make Namak Para | Namak Pare Recipe for Snacks”
I also love this namak para,but still not know that how to make it.Thanks for sharing this great idea to us.
Hey Nikhil, You’re welcome! I’m glad you liked the recipe for namak pare.