Here is another Mom’s recipe – Mirch ki Sabzi. It sounds cool but it’s hot! And apt for chilly winters when we want to have something hot!
I like this dish to be served with kachoris. This Sabzi is a big hit in my family.
Green chillies contain fibers and help to cleanse our stomach. Even if you do not like teekha khana, once in a while have this and you would like to have more.
All you need to do is buy the less hot chillies. Still if you cannot find the less hot ones, you can make Mirch ki sabzi with the usual green chillies but stick to the ingredients mentioned below.
I would love to hear your part of the story too while you cooked Mirch ki Sabzi. Share your experience with me on Facebook/Twitter or Instagram. And do not forget to use #foodeezjunction when you post the pic.
How to Make Hari Mirch ki Sabzi at Home
- 10-12 Green chillies (less spicy), stems removed
- 1 tbspn Dessicated coconut or coconut pieces
- 2 tbspn White sesame seeds (safed til)
- 4 medium-sized Onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbspn Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbspn Cumin powder
- 1/2 tbspn Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbspn Coriander powder
- 1/2 tbspn All-spice powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Mustard oil
- Salt according to your taste
- 1 tsp Jaggery powder (optional)
- 1 glass Water
- Make a smooth paste of dessicated coconut and sesame seeds. Keep aside.
- Heat Mustard oil in a pressure cooker, add onions and fry till light golden.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 20 seconds.
- Add all the mentioned spice powders – cumin, coriander, all-spice and turmeric, and the paste of sesame seeds. Mix well and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add a glass of water. Close the lid to pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Open the lid and add green chillies, pressure cook again for one whistle.
- Now open the lid and fry Mirch ki Sabzi till oil separates. You can add jaggery while frying.
- Serve hot!
Make a smooth paste of white sesame seeds and dessicated coconut. If required, add some water to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
In a pressure cooker add mustard oil. Heat. You can take any other cooking oil too only if you don’t have mustard oil.
Once the oil is hot enough, add sliced onions. Fry till light golden. Add ginger-garlic paste, fry for 20 seconds.
Now add all masalas – cumin, turmeric, coriander and all-spice powders – followed by the paste of sesame seeds and coconut. Mix well.
Stir fry the masala in pressure cooker for 3-4 minutes. Add 1 glass of water and close the lid. Turn the stove to high flame, let the cooker whistle twice. Now open the lid and add green chillies. Cover the lid again and let the cooker whistle just once.
Open the lid and switch the flame to low-medium. Add jiggery powder. Adding jaggery powder is completely optional but trust me it enhances the taste. Mix well.
We need to fry Mirch ki Sabzi till fat separates from it.
Take it out in a bowl. Have this yum yum Mirchi ki Sabzi with Pooris, Kachoris or parathas.
- For more hot Sabzi, you can add 5-6 more chillies. But be prepared!
— Recipe and Images Shared by Shumayala Khan
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links for the products that I recommend. If you buy those items through the links we will earn a commission; it will help us in running our food blog Foodeez Junction.