I had shared Cornflakes Namkeen mixture recipe, months back. This Caramelised Cornflakes Namkeen is another version which I’d experimented yesterday and it was successful.
How to Make Caramelised Cornflakes Namkeen
This is a Simple Namkeen, ideal for munching anytime you want to
- 5 cups Cornflakes
- 3 tbsp Daliya
- 2 tbsp Chana dal
- 15-20 Curry leaves
- 3 tbsp Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Black salt
- 1/2 tsp White Salt
- 3 tsp Amchur powder
- 2 tsp Rai
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat Olive oil in Kadhai or a deep pan.
- Add peanuts and chana dal. Roast them in oil for a minute in high flame. Keep stirring.
- Now add daliya, rai, curry leaves and fry for another minute. Let it crackle.
- Do not let the peanuts get burnt.
- Add sugar and mix. Lower the flame and stir for 10 seconds.
- Add cornflakes and mix. Now turn the flame to high.
- Sprinkle white salt, blacksalt, black pepper powder and amchur powder evenly and mix.
- Keep stirring for 2 minutes till the cornflakes turn golden.
- Switch off the flame. Mix the cornflakes namkeen mixture again and immediately transfer the namkeen to another pan.
- After every 5 minutes just mix the namkeen evenly. Repeat this step for 15 minutes. This step is important as it will not allow the caramel to form into a hard mixture.
- The caramelised cornflakes namkeen mixture is ready!!
- Store in an air-tight jar.
— Recipe and Image shared by Sara Khan