I’d made this Moong Dal Kheer yesterday. It is also called as Moong Dal Atwal. I exactly do not know the origin of this dessert but will find someone who would talk to me about this kheer. Or if you know some facts related to Moong Dal Kheer, please let me know because knowledge is for sharing.
Sadly, what I wrote here somehow got deleted and I’ve to start all over again. Anything for Desserts recipes!
If you are making any of the cuisines from Foodeez Junction, do not forget to use the tag #foodeezjunction when you share it on social media. We will be happy to know about it 🙂
How to Make Moong Dal Kheer or Moong Dal Atwal
- 1 cup Moong Dal
- 1 cup Gur or Jaggery
- 31/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tsp Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp Pure or Desi Ghee
- 2 tbsp. Dry fruits (a mix of almonds and cashews), chopped
- Soak Moong Dal for 4 hours.
- Pressure cook it for one whistle. Do not worry if the Dal is half raw.
- Transfer the pressure-cooked moong dal to a pan and heat it. The flame should be low.
- Add refined gur or jiggery to it and let it melt.
- Add warm milk slowly, while stirring.
- Add condensed milk.
- Let it cook for 15-20 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Mash the dal after 10 minutes with the help of wooden masher.
- In another small pan, add ghee and the dry fruits. Roast till golden.
- Once the kheer starts to thicken, add the ghee-roasted dry fruits and cardamom powder.
- Take it out in a serving bowl. Moong Dal Kheer is ready!
— Recipe and Images Shared by Sara Khan
One thought on “Moong Dal Atwal | How to Make Moong Dal Kheer”