Apple Pie, this is an easy recipe. The name, apple pie, itself makes it so tempting that I would want to eat again! I just love to have it.
It might look that Apple Pie Recipe is hard but I assure, it is not. You only have to follow these simple steps and that’s it.
Follow these simple steps to make a perfect Apple Pie and don’t forget to share your experiences when you make it 🙂
How to Make Apple Pie
A step by step Recipe to make Apple Pie from scratch
- 3 cups Maida (All-purpose flour), Seived twice
- 3/4 tsp White Salt
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Cold Milk
For Apple Pie Filling
- 3 medium-sized Apples
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, grated
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Maida (All purpose flour)
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Pinch of Salt
- Cold Milk to brush over the crust
Make Pie Crust First
- Sieve all-purpose flour twice.
- Sieve salt and sugar and mix with the flour.
- Add olive oil and mix with the flour. The flour will become crumbly.
- Add a tsp by tsp cold milk while folding the flour to make a dough. Do NOT overdo the dough.
- Once the Apple pie dough is ready, clean the working surface so that you can roll the dough to a flat disk.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts.
- Take one part and start rolling the dough in a flat disk. Roll in one direction. The thickness should be equivalent to a tablespoon’s thickness.
- Roll it slightly bigger than your mould.
- Carefully put the rolled pie crust in the mould, evenly spread.
- You can cut off the portion that exceeds the mould.
- Cover the mould and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Now, let’s work on the second part of dough.
- Roll the dough into flat disc or rectangle.
- Cut it into 10 or more equal slices. The slices should be broad enough.
- Cover them and refrigerate till you make Apple Pie filling.
How to Make Apple Pie Filling
- Peel the apples and cut them in slices.
- In a bowl, put all the slices, and add all the ingredients mentioned above in the Apple Pie filling list.
- Mix gently. Keep aside. Do NOT let it rest.
Making and Baking Apple Pie
- Preheat the oven for 200 degree Celsuis.
- Take out the mould with the apple pie crust and the sliced portions too from refrigerator.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 200 degrees (This is to prevent the crust from getting soggy).
- Arrange the apples from the filling in the crust.
- Once the apples are arranged, arrange the crust slices over it, you can do it crosswise.
- Brush cold milk over it.
- Bake for 200 degree Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Brush cold milk over the pie again.
- Bake another 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Take it out from the oven and here it is!
- We liked the Apple Pie to be served hot. You can have it cold too. Or with ice cream or whipped cream.
Tips to Making a Perfect Apple Pie
- Do not let the Apple Pie filling to stand for more than 2 minutes.
- Do not use sour apples.
- You can also use two varieties of apples – green and red, in the pie filling.
- Brush the pie with cold milk at least twice, so that it turns brown.
- Do NOT overcook.
— Recipe and Images shared by Sara Khan