Cooking and Kitchen are best friends. To cook food you of course need utensils in your kitchen.
I’ve divided this post in three parts: Basic Utensils, Must-Haves and Containers.
Check out these Kitchen and Dining Products at Amazon.in.
I won’t define the meaning of basic or utensils but yes these are the ones which you’ll need right on the day when you would start setting your kitchen. I would suggest you to buy one stainless steel set and one glass crockery set. The glass crockery set is almost same everywhere in quantity. For the steel set you should check all these necessary Kitchen items. If they aren’t in the set, buy separately. You can print and keep this checklist for Kitchen Utensils for reference.
- Quarter Plates
- Tea Spoons
- Table Spoons
- Serving Spoons
- Cooking Spoons – Flat, Perforated, Whole, Rice Spoons
- Butter Knife
- Serving Bowls
- Soup Bowls
- Small Bowls
- Dessert Bowls
- 2 Spoon Stands
- Iron Griddle – Buy the heavy and thick iron griddle. The rotis on heavy iron griddles come out perfect.
- Cooking pans, at least 3 – small, medium and big
- 2 Patilis
- 3-Set Tray
- Rice Tray
- Chopping Board
- Tissue Stand
- Salt and Pepper stand
- Kadhai or Wok
- Cups – You should always have 2 sets of tea cups. If you are buying both the tea cup sets with saucers it’s good, else buy at least one set with saucers.
- Samsi or Pakkad
- Rolling pin and Board – If possible buy the marble rolling board.
- Mortar and Pestle
Kitchen Appliances and Must Haves
This part covers all the must have things for a kitchen, excluding the basic ones. Once you are through with all the basic utensils, add these utensils and utilities to your kitchen.
- Non-Stick Pans’ Set; If you are buying a non-stick pan set, don’t forget to buy the silicon or nylon ladles. Do not, at any cost use steel spoons while cooking in non-stick pans.
- Sandwich Maker
- Mixer Grinder
- 2 Oil Dispensers – for mustard oil and refined oil. If you are using olive oil, buy a small dispenser for it.
- Kitchen Towels
- Hand Towels and Gloves
- Gas Stove
- A Glass Jug or Tumbler
To keep spices, tea, sugar, dals, etc you need containers. Why not buy a set? The question here would be what should be the size of a container. You cannot buy all the containers of same size. There should be variations. Try to buy the air-tight containers always.
- 10 – 1-litre or 1.5 litre Containers
- 10 – .5 litre containers
- 6 – .25 litre containers
- 1 – 10 litre capacity stainless-steel drum or an air-tight container to keep Wheat flour
- 3 – 5-litre air-tight container for rice
- 2 – 3-litre container
- 1 Spice rack
- 1 6-spice box
If you think I’ve missed out something, please drop me a message in the comments section below or email me at email@example.com
— Shared by Sara Khan
6 thoughts on “Your Checklist to Basic Kitchen Utensils, Tools and Accessories”
Love it, keep sharing the good stuff.
Thats a nice reference list.
good for the one who are newly making their home
Thank you! I’m glad you liked this post 🙂
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for..
Saving this link for later..
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are welcome. I’m glad I served the purpose 🙂 .. many more such basic lists and articles are coming up in the Kitchen category… stay tuned every thursday 🙂